What is an Energy Efficient Washing Machine? If you have the same question, then you are not alone. Did you know that 42% of all electricity used in the UK comes from washing machines? This is a staggering amount, and we’re not even talking about tumble dryers!
When it comes to India, the percentage is even higher – an incredible 51% of the electricity used in India comes from washing machines. This means that washing machines are one of the biggest energy users in both countries. Only a few top washing machine brands in India manufacture energy-efficient washing machines here.
So, how can you make sure your washing machine uses as little energy as possible? In this post, we’ll take a look at some of the steps you can take to reduce your washing machine’s energy usage. We’ll also take a look at the energy efficient washing machine and its features.
What is an Energy Efficient Washing Machine?
A washing machine said to be energy efficient will typically use less electricity than other machines, thus saving you money on your energy bills. The most popular models are front-loading washing machines (also known as washer-dryers), which save the most energy due to their more efficient design.
What are the different types of washing machines and how energy-efficient are they?
There are many different types of washing machines in India.
A front-loading washing machine with a spin dryer is an energy-efficient machine. These machines use less water and electricity and hence are cheaper to operate.
Top-loading washing machines are usually less energy efficient, but they do a good job cleaning the clothes. Top-loading machines fill with water from the bottom and spin the clothes on the top. Top loaders usually cost less than front-loading machines.
A semi-automatic washing machine uses both water and electricity and operates just like a regular top-loading machine but also has a mechanism to spin the clothes.
A fully automatic washing machine can cost more than semi-automatic machines, but they come with a washing and drying cycle. The washing and drying cycle usually runs on separate cycles, but the clothes are transferred from the washer to the dryer through the machine.
Advantages of buying an Energy Efficient Washing Machine
Washing machines are designed to remove dirt and bacteria from your clothes, while simultaneously reducing the amount of water and energy required to clean them.
- The washing machine is affordable
- Saves energy and water
- The washing machine is convenient to use
- The washing machine is versatile to use
Types of Washing Machines Available Today
Washing machines are the most common household appliance. They are used on a daily basis for washing clothes. There are many types of washing machines available today. They vary in size, color, capacity, speed, durability, and price. They are available in a huge price range as well.
Today a washing machine not only washes clothes but also sanitizes them. Washing machines wash clothes in special water that purifies and sanitizes textiles. Washing machines use water of very low temperature to wash the clothes. This washing technique prevents the fraying of clothes. It also reduces fading of colors and shrinkage of clothes.
Washing machines have many features that make them superior to normal hand wash. They can be fully automatic or semi-automatic. Automatic washing machines can wash clothes without any supervision. Semi-automatic washing machines require supervision whereas the cleaning work is done using water, detergent, and spinning. Sometimes the washing machine requires a hand wash.
Washing machines have many other features that are very useful. Some of them are listed below:
- Programmable function: This function allows you to set the washing machine as per the clothes to be washed that can be selected from a keypad display.
- Power boost cleaning: Washing machines have special power boost cleaning cycles that thoroughly clean your clothes.
- Machine lock: This feature locks the washing machine. This feature is especially useful when you have small children at home.
- Long washes: Washing machines have extended washing cycles that are good for washing bulky clothes.
- Auto-Fill & Drain: This feature eliminates the need to refill water. It is very useful during power cuts.
- Anti-vibration: This feature prevents the washing machine from making too much noise. This feature is sometimes available in semi-automatic machines.
What are the Basic Features to look for in an Energy Efficient Washing Machine?
Here are some of the most important features to consider when searching for an energy-efficient washing machine:
- Easy to operate: Look for a washing machine that can be controlled with just the touch of a button. There should be preprogrammed settings that you can use to quickly and easily wash different types of clothes.
- Efficient: The washing machine should be rated based on the gallons of water it uses per wash. Lower ratings are better, and you should look for a model that uses less than 31 gallons of water per cycle.
- Economical: Look for a washing machine that fits your budget. Prices vary, with some starting at $250 and going up to $1,000 or more. The price will depend on the capacity of the machine, the number of features included, and the type of materials used.
How to Buy the Best Energy Efficient Washing Machine in India?
If you are planning to buy a washing machine in India, you might want to buy the best energy efficient washing machine in India for yourself. However, there are a number of things you should consider before buying one.
First and foremost, you should consider the capacity of the washing machine. Depending on your needs, you can choose from different sizes such as single-tub, twin-tub, top-load, and front-load washing machines.
The next thing you should consider is the type of wash settings offered by the washing machine. A good energy efficient washing machine should have features such as auto-fill and drain, power boost cleaning, delay start, and more.
You should also consider the noise levels of the washing machine before buying it. A good washing machine should be quiet and should not make too much noise when operating.
Finally, you should buy the washing machine from a reputable brand. Brands such as LG, Whirlpool, and Samsung are known for their energy efficient washing machines. So if you want an energy efficient washing machine, it is best to buy from a brand that is well-known for its energy-efficient products.
By considering these factors, you can make sure that you get the best energy efficient washing machine in India. Enjoy your new appliance and enjoy the benefits of having an energy-efficient washing machine!
That was all about how to choose the best energy efficient washing machine in India. Buying an energy efficient washing machine is not only a smart choice, but it can also help reduce your electricity bills and save you money in the long run. So make sure to keep these tips in mind when shopping for a washing machine. For any more queries, reach out to our Best Washing Machine in India team. We will be happy to help.